Rss Feed

Followers

  1. Country Rocks!

    October 6, 2011

    I met a few friends recently, typical Malaysian Chinese youngsters.






    We chit-chatted and I popped a question: "What music do you guys listen to?"


    Friends: Well, the usual.


    Me: What exactly is the usual?


    Friends: Duh, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Lee Hom,***** (some names I don't even know :-O) ....


    Me: Cool... do you guys like country music?


    Friends: What is country music?


    Me: You know, Rodney Atkins, Garth Brooks. Just to name a few.
    (friends gave blurred expressions)


    Me: Taylor Swift. Ring a bell?


    Friends: I know Taylor Swift. But what does she has to do with country music? 'Country' sounds so old-fashioned.


    Me: ..... 




    In my mind was like...
    COUNTRY MUSIC IS SOOOOOOOO UNDERRATED IN MALAYSIA.


    How can they not know a single thing about country music?!?












    I'm not saying that pop songs and pop singers aren't good (although I don't like some of them) and all country songs are the best, but won't they ever get sick of crappy songs nowadays?


    *Lazy to explain what is country music lah, just ask Mr.Google if you are interested.* : )




    Why do I like country so much?
    - I can sleep to it
    - wonderful background music arrangements
    - free-spirited
    - always have that lively and positive vibe
    - Just because I hate crappy songs full of subliminal messages Effortlessly sung 
    - I have a thing for effortless and sort of "frank" qualities in country singers 




    Here are some of my all time/recent (potentially all time) country favourites!






    Red River Blue (by Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert)
    My favourite lullaby!







    Take a Back Road (by Rodney Atkins)










    Why Me Lord (by Johnny Cash)
    Good old country gospel








    Summer Girl (by Leighton Meester)







    If I Die Young (by The Band Perry)










































    I'm no expert in Country music but I hope you'll enjoy it!




    God bless! 






  2. 0 comment(s):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...